Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Emergency Surgery

As I'm sure all of you know(sorry if this is redundant), but I went into the hospital by ambulance for severe abdominal pain in early September. After many hours in the ER with lots of IV pain meds(that wore off a couple of times...), and knowing I had internal bleeding but not where it was coming from, I went in for emergency surgery in the middle of the night. My OBGYN did a laproscopy on a ruptured ovarian cyst that was somehow connected to a blood vessel which caused the internal bleeding(1pint of blood was flushed out of my abdomen). It was an extremely rare thing, and I spent the next day and a half in the hospital recovering. My blood count was very low from the blood loss and not wanting a transfusion, so it took a little while to get my blood count back up to where I was strong enough to walk and get back to normal life.

I cannot say enough thank-yous to those who took care of me. I've never loved my husband more, he took such good care of me every moment of my recovery, helping me to walk and shower(I humbly admit), hovering and worrying and begging me to "take it easy." On top of taking care of Kyler and the house too. More than anything he was totally understanding with my being irritatingly helpless for a little while. Josh's family stepped in and took care of Kyler SO much, I am SO GRATEFUL for their help. I was very lucky to know he was well taken care of wherever he was, it was comforting that while I was in the hospital I hardly worried about him at all. On top of that, when he would come for a visit Kyler was the sweetest baby ever. He missed his mommy almost as much as I missed him, and almost as though he knew I was sick, when he would sit on my bed next to me he was so gentle and sweet, he just layed there for like 30 minutes, sitting and holding my hand. So that's it. I'm fine now, glad it's over, and grateful to everyone!






0 comments: