Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It FINALLY happened...

Okay, so for over a year now I have dreaded the day when Kyler finally takes a tumble down our death-trap of a staircase, and that day finally came - yesterday. We have a four-level-split, so there is just no keeping him off of them(but thank goodness they each only have 7 steps), and unfortunately they are all hardwood with squared edges, so it couldn't really be much worse. He fell down them when I was upstairs, and so I didn't even see how he fell. All I know is I found him face-smushed into the carpet holding his breath (when he is really hurt or upset he cries but doesn't breathe in for the longest time, it's scary!). I found a bump on either side of his head a couple inches above his ears, and a sort of rug-burn type mark on the back of his neck. Poor guy I felt SO bad! I hoped maybe this would scare some sense into him, but oh no, once he calmed down he ran straight back over to them, and smiled for his picture. Fearless! We NEED to save up and get some stair-rugs installed, soon!






0 comments: