During my mom and sister's visit out here, my mom, Camille and I worked on and ALMOST completed a handmade temple dress for me(though they are the talented seamstresses and I was scared I would ruin it!). I am so excited, this is going to be so treasured and special to me knowing it was made with loving family(and fits me perfectly and is exactly what I wanted), and I have the memories of their visit and the hours my mom spent on it, with Camille deticatedly by her side(and me just doing what I could when I could). We've decided to make this a very special tradition, as I have three sisters younger than me that have yet to enter the temple, we're going to all get together before each enters the temple for the first time and make each of their temple dresses together! I can't wait to see what each will look like, and now I have the challenge of trying to improve my sewing skills so I can be of more help next time! For my LDS friends and family, I would suggest this tradition to everyone, it is so special.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Temple Dress Tradition
Posted by The joy of our life! at 12:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Shalie! Your dress is absolutley beautiful and you look stunning in it!!
Post a Comment