Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mastitis

...again! This is my second case of Mastitis since Brynlee was born. I'm not going to go into the personal details, but if you have ever been a nursing mother, you are probably at least aware of what it is. And it sucks! Last time I was a total wreck(I did have every single awful symptom in the book, and Brynlee also got all the side-effects and ended up at the doctor too), but this time I think I've caught it early and I'm determined not to let it get the best of me. So what if I have to give Brynlee a bottle once or twice so I can get a break and heal. It'll help me be able to continue nursing her for the next 8 months of her life, and that doesn't mean I'm taking the easy way out, giving up, or being selfish. It is going to be OKAY.

And thankyou. for the supportive comments. They brought tears to my eyes, and though I've never been much of a woman-power kind of girl :) it is still SO nice to hear that other girls with happy smiley blogs and pictures and families still struggle sometimes too. I'm starting to understand why women need each other. So even though I care so much about each of you and would wish this on none of you, I'm not so alone in it. I would take you all out to lunch if the continental USA wasn't so ginormous ;)

(and for enduring that little update, I'll try to post pumpkin patch and Brynlee ear piercing pictures soon!)

2 comments:

The Jensen's said...

Ah!!! I had Mastitis TWICE with Madi as well!!! IT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I decided of all the pain I've felt in my life, mastitis either falls in second or third most painful. First being childbirth obviously.

Don't feel guilty at all for giving your little one a bottle, it's for the best for both of you. Ah! Feel better! I just cringe in pain thinking of what you're going through.

Jessica said...

First-It is COMPLETELY ok for Brynlee to get a bottle! I know how you feel, I got alot of 'dirty' looks because G is on formula but I would much rather have a happy formula fed baby (and happy mom) then an upset, crabby, tummy-aching breastfed baby!

Second-I just read your post below. I know my blog is mostly puppies and rainbows, but I had alot of bad days after G was born. I was an emotional wreck, she was colicky from her AR/MPI and I was sure she hated me. Now looking back I'm pretty sure I had slight ppd (which I was completely embarrassed about even though it's totally normal and not something you can help getting) so if you need to talk, get together, whatever, I'm completely here for you. Being a mommy is very hard (but amazing & rewarding!) work... much harder and challenging than I ever thought. Keep your head up, your doing amazing and your kiddos are amazing too.

Now I need to go clean, pack, laundry, etc while G is sleeping :-)
PS-Sorry for the novel!