Okay, humility and honesty time. (or can we say, hormones? hehe)
I heard a song on the radio yesterday, and felt like pieces of it really defined where I'm at right now, aside from the fact that the whole thing was about a guy losing his girlfriend(which most country songs are about, haha). Here are some different lines that felt like me right now.
I'm getting better, at barely getting by
and I'm doing alright, for the shape I'm in
Part of why I haven't been blogging or on facebook much is that I'm mostly just doing what I can to hang in here. I know and have talked to a couple people and read some articles about the emotional ups and downs that can come after having a baby, and it's not to say that I'm not still a happy person and totally in love with my new little girl, I am - but everything else is a little overwhelming at times. And not feeling like sunshine-and-rainbows myself, I know nobody probably wants to hear about it and I don't really have anything to give.
So that's probably why I've disappeared.
After looking at my situation though, and talking to some people I love, I realize why I am this way. I remind myself it's no wonder I feel like this, and it's not because I am just not good enough. I'm isolated, with nowhere I need to go, and I did just have a baby. I don't exercise, and I don't eat very well at all(yesterday all I had to eat before 5:00 was 2 banana muffins and 3 bite-sized crunch bars). And working on my computer at home while caring for my kids, I practically never get out of the house, and am not really involved in - anything, really, that makes me feel like I'm growing or learning or a successful, worthwhile person. I push people away. And when my husband is gone so much, and involved in so many different things that I am proud of and doing my best to support, it is just a doormat-feeling place to be.
So, what difference does it make if I excercise or not, if I eat crap or healthy, or if I wear pajamas or cute clothes? These things are all at the bottom of a very long list, especially when I have nowhere to go, and nobody to see me.
But, I get up every morning and do get dressed. I talk to my mom, my sisters, and visiting teacher. I brought dinner to a friend. I am working hard to communicate with my husband. I play the piano, and I walk the dogs. I'm here, blogging. I started sewing again, and I painted a new halloween decoration. I kiss on my baby, and I draw with Kyler. I haven't resorted to drinking caffeine again. I take hot baths when I feel like I need them, and I listen to good music. I may not cook often, but I do dishes. I still hope that tomorrow will be a better day, and I will be a better me, and I'm trying to pray much more often.
So I'm doing alright, for the shape I'm in.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
The shape I'm in
Posted by The joy of our life! at 7:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Shaylie, I have never had the post baby blues but other than that aspect I know right where you are coming from. Dealing with depression and then moving around so much this year I know the isolated feeling and not having my own life thing. I know we have never really talked but if you want to talk to someone who is going through something similar give me a shout. Jenn has my number.
:( I can relate very much to how you feel. We all probably deal with it in different ways but I've had many of the same things pass through my mind. Even at 6 months post pregnancy I still have days where I feel like I'm barely hanging on. But it does get better, I promise! It's not perfect and nowhere near as simple as it was with one child but things start to slow down and baby gets bigger and a little more independent, a schedule forms and things seem a lot more doable. I'm glad for your update for I am always wondering about you. Brynlee is adorable!
Wow, this blog sounded all too familiar. I'd have to say the hardest time for me since I got married was right after I had Madi. I mean it should have been the happiest time of my life right? How did we get through it? That's when I started to run. I felt I could get a lot of my frustrations out and release some of my bad energy. I'd never been a runner before but I felt it was exactly what I needed because I was in such a sad place and I didn't understand why.
If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here for you.
Love you girl! I don't know what you're going through personally, but you are a wonderful mom! You look great and I feel like you are doing a beautiful job at everything from what I can tell. I'm going through a bit of a depressing time myself, although different, so I hear ya about getting by. Just know that I'm here for you if you ever need anything...
Post a Comment