Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's December!

Merry Christmas everyone! I love this time of year, the smell of our wood-burning fireplace, Christmas lights in the dark night, flannel sheets and hot baths, cinnamon candles and pumpkin pie... and family time playing board games and such! We've been busy as usual, so here are some random things that we've been up to.







Took this picture out my window... cute little doe Deer season was definitely a frustrating one this year... but at least we were able to go(thankyou to family who watched the kids!), there wasn't any snow on the ground, and Josh did finally end up getting at least a spike buck before the season ended, so we've got some venison to process hopefully today or tomorrow... mmmmmm... deer jerky! We might be picking up stuff to make bratwurst too. and I think one of us might try to go out somewhere close for anterless season.... hopefully me ;)

I can't believe we made it into December without any snow... but not to disappoint, the first snowfall was a blizzard, literally. And below are some letter blocks I made for our bedroom.


The kids already got to open a present - Thank you for the Christmas ornaments Gma & Gpa Brown! What a fun tradition, they look adorable on our tree! Brynlee is getting obsessed with grabbing & playing with everything around her, so it was fun to have a preview of her opening presents... she's going to love it!
Here is our new GINORMOUS television that lurks in the family room now... needless to say the Iowa bowl game party is at our house this year ;)

And yes, I can't believe I haven't posted a pic of my HOTT hubby ;) no, I'm not just bragging for no reason... this is an "after" shot of his Farrell's eXtreme Bodysculpting challenge he did, and WON $1000 for it. Now he's training to be an instructor and coach there!

1 comments:

Sami and Mark said...

what a fun holdiay! love the craft :)