Well first of all, Happy New Year! I usually am not much into New Years resolutions, but this year I definitely have some things I'd like to improve. I'd like to share a couple.
1. "No TV Night!"
1. "No TV Night!"
Thursday night is now "No TV Night" in our house! More peace & quiet, and more time for more important things. Last week was the first time we did this, and to be honest, I was surprised how tempting it was to turn it on, and how strange it was to go to bed without having had it on all evening.
2. Study with Gospel Doctrine Class
Now I know, we should all, always, be studying and growing our testimony. But looking back over the past couple years, it sometimes feels like my Sundays are about just trying to handle my kids and completing duties for my calling, and then my physical & mental energy is spent. Sort of *surviving* and not *thriving.* And having the missionaries over for dinner a lot during the week has brought a certain spirit of learning and studying into our home, since I never served a mission myself.
3. Journal with Scripture Study
This year our Gospel Doctrine class at church is studying the New Testatment. I am very excited to refresh my memory and learn more about my Savior, His teachings, and His time here on earth. and... journal about it! I can't believe it, but I don't think I've ever journaled along with my scripture study before.
So, there are many things I am going to try to do this year, of which I've shared a couple. Each thing isn't important specifically - there is just a certain growth that I am searching and hoping for. I'll try to keep you posted on how it goes! Hopefully I will stick to it! Being a mom and raising God's children is important, comes first, and usually takes up most of me, but I'm determined to make the most of what's left of me!
0 comments:
Post a Comment