Friday, February 27, 2009

Just checking if the wheels still turn...

It's been a long while for me, and this was only about 30 minutes of work which many would say is harldy enough revising, but I was just feeling a little inspired I suppose.


My grateful debt
Suddenly beside myself
I find myself outside myself.
For he sits and he grins and I know I can’t win.
I have discovered the whole of me
And it expands with his mystery.

As he grows I know that I can’t keep his soul,
But I have not mine without him.
I’ve somehow been rendered helpless.
When a moment without him I’m restless,
And he rules each breath and each whim.

I cannot desire more joy and more life
And would give mine to him if that were the price
As I ponder his childhood’s short place in my arms
I am indebted to God for his place in my heart.
-Shalie Chapman

2 comments:

Tina Smith said...

I am so glad I am apart of your blog. It reminds me of how beautiful and talented you are. With you so far away, I find myself with only memories of you and miss you. I am so happy for you and how your life is turning out. You look happy and as always, beautiful. I am so glad to see you on the other side of life where your not tearing down the walls of my house, literally!! But building happiness and loving memories instead. You son in adorable!! Your family is adorable. I miss you and love you and proud of you!! All my love!

The joy of our life! said...

Thank you Tina! You've always been such a great and fun influence, and will always be remembered as a big part in one of the most crucial times of my life - I miss you guys too! Your girls are so big now! I just love your house too and wish I was out there to visit you guys and tear down some more drywall or mud up some 4-wheelers! (can you believe I married a guy who had never driven a 4-wheeler or dirt bike before?)