Monday, January 18, 2010

Nursery plan!

I'm SO excited to have finally found the fabric for our nursery! I want it to be mostly gender-nuetral, but then be able to have a couple accents that are boyish/girlish, so it still feels like their room, once we bring the baby home and know that it's a boy or girl. Here is the fabric I found!

Okay, so the walls are going to be painted chocolate brown on the bottom half, below the white chair-rail trim we have in there, and then a pale aqua on the above part. Then, the crib skirt and curtains will be out of the big aqua-and-white patterned material in the middle(that's my "gender nuetral" fabric). Then, I'll make a set of "boy" bumpers out of the fabrics on the left, and "girl" bumpers out of the fabric on the right. I'll be picking up an olive green crib sheet for a boy, and also a purple crib sheet for a girl. Then, after baby is born, we'll paint some dots on the walls in the coordinating colors for the gender to tie it all in better, and probably add some other accents too. I'm so excited! This way, I'll get to do the nursery in not-yellow, and I'll only have an extra bumper set and crib sheet that we won't use, which I'll either keep in case the next baby is that gender, or sell online.

2 comments:

Grace said...

LOVE it! Too bad you don't have twins in there (a boy AND a girl!).

Joy said...

It looks like a nice plan. Those colors are great. Do pictures as you get it done.