Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jess's Baby Shower!

FINALLY I can post about all the baby shower stuff! My sister-in-law Jenn and I threw a baby shower for our cousin-in-law Jessica(in the middle) this past weekend, and we've been working on it for months! It was soooo much fun, we handmade so many different things and although we thought we were crazy at times, we did have fun doing it :)


The games consisted of the all-time favorite, name-the-melted-chocolate-bar-in-the-diaper game, a "what would Daddy Jeff do?" questionnaire, a belly-size guessing game with string, and gift bingo.
The "poms" we made out of tissue paper and hung from the ceiling, they were SO cute and fairly easy... needless to say I hung onto 3 of them to hang above our crib if the baby is a girl ;)


Jenn made the party favors above, the "cake slices" that were filled with hershey's kisses and handmade marble magnets. Then below is the BOOK BASKET, which was the best idea ever! The guests were invited to bring new or used books to "buy" raffle tickets with to win a kitchen-themed gift basket. It was a huge hit! The basket overflowed and then some, Jess went home with around 50 really great books!

(here is the kitchen-themed raffle gift basket... I made an apron and a baked potato pouch, and we filled it with lots of other kitchen goodies)

Here is her diaper-cake that I made, this was probably the most fun project for me, it was simple but still cute. Then below is the food table, it was a morning shower so we made homemade mini muffins and fruit and donut holes for the chocolate fountain.

And yes, we wrapped the forks in napkins and then put a mini "pom" on each one... it was Jess's idea and we couldn't resist.

(Below is the prize basket, just a bunch of random things)

And last, but definitely not least... the CAKE! Josh's aunt Colleen made the small round cake and a bunch of cute little cupcakes, I was SO glad that she was willing to do it for us, even though she had to leave on vacation the day of the shower and couldn't even actually come... she just took a decorating class at Michaels' a while ago and has been busy doing cakes for different things ever since. And I can't begin to tell you how YUMMY her cakes are... you can always tell that it was made by Colleen with one bite, they even smell great!
I don't have a picture of the wreath yet, Jenn made a wreath for the front door with pink cherry blossoms on it and a cute "G" and ribbon. Then I also made a scrapbook of Jess' pregnancy pictures and ultrasound pictures and some of her blog entries too. Okay... I think that's it!

0 comments: