Don't I look happy? haha, I hate taking these pictures, but here's the 27 week belly pic(they are usually in church clothes because my "weeks" start on Sundays, since I'm due on a Sunday). Not quite a blimp yet, but definitely on my way. I'm now entering my 3rd trimester! Yay! Except most of the time I still don't really feel like there's an actual baby in there, or like we're going to be having another baby in our family in such a short amount of time. I want to be all excited and think about it nonstop, but things are just different this time around. More "other life" going on I guess. Part of me does feel guilty about that. Need to work on the nursery or buy baby things and maybe it'll start sinking in. Lots to do!
Baby size: average baby weight at this stage is almost 2lbs!
Weight gain: honesty is always the best policy I guess.... 20lbs so far
Baby movement: he/she is definitely moving a lot, and I am thinking this one is going to have a little spunky side, because they will be totally not moving at all for hours, and then just wildly freak out out of nowhere! It catches me off-guard, and really makes me jump haha. Josh was able to actually sort of grab onto an arm or foot or leg or something the other night that baby was poking out at us. It was a first time for that so far.
Contractions: yes. of course. getting more used to them now. still about 3-4 a day, sometimes none and sometimes as many as 10. sometimes they're short, most of the time they're long, and only in the lower half or so of my uterus(from my belly-button down). I'm also having more rib pain and other cramps and stuff too.
Cravings?: ummm... on bad days, chocolate. I don't really know if it's actually pregnancy-related(but it's certainly a good excuse, right?)
Doctor's Appointments: going well - I passed my glucose test! No gestational diabetis! I failed it with Kyler and barely passed the second one, and he was so big that I was really nervous this time around. I am a little anemic now and need to take iron, but hey I'm fine with that! Anyway, I'm now starting to have my appointments every 2 weeks, so we're getting closer :) Just wish there were ultrasounds at every visit like with Kyler. I'm thinking that may be part of why it doesn't seem as real or exciting this time around....?
Other than all that, keeping up with things around here as usual. Having emotional days and then superwoman days, and I've started to just let myself have whatever kind of day that comes and trying not to get upset about not getting this or that done. Hopefully it all evens out in the end. Having a hardworking and supportive husband always helps of course. Josh's been really great about getting things done around the house, even if it always seems to feel like we're behind. So that's the update! Definitely going to be exploding in size from here on out...!
Sunday, March 28, 2010
27 Weeks
Posted by The joy of our life! at 12:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You're so cute! I honestly didn't feel like I was actually going to have a baby either until about the last month. Until I got the nursery put together and after my baby showers, that's when it really sunk in. Good luck!!
Post a Comment