Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Nursery plan re-do...

Okay, so here are the "new" nursery fabrics... sorry the pictures are sorta blurry. My original plan with the pretty aquamarine was thwarted when JoAnns no longer had my fabric available! ahh! So, not to be trodden down by one speedbump, I started again and found this. And I only need to buy a few more yards of the brown polka dot(which Hobby Lobby assures me they will NOT discontinue anytime soon), and I'll have all I need! No more worries! Now I need to make curtains and a crib skirt out of the brown polka dot.
Then, "girl" bumpers out of the flower print and brown polka dot, and get a pink crib sheet. And "boy" bumpers out of the multicolored stripe and brown polka dot(and I'm considering appliqueing some airplane silouettes on them too), and purchase either a blue or green crib sheet. Once baby is born and we know what it is, I'll add a wide satin ribbon(at some point) across the bottom of the curtains and crib skirt, in either pink or blue to finish it off and tie it together. Whew!








We're hoping to paint the nursery this weekend, so I'll update pics as we do stuff. Not totally certain what we're doing, this is sort of a figure-it-out-as-we-go project, but hopefully it'll come out okay. I'm getting to be not so picky anymore, just want it done!

2 comments:

The Jensen's said...

You're so crafty!! The fabrics are darling, I can't decide which I like more! Good luck for the next few months!!

Sami and Mark said...

You are seriously so talented. I don't think I could even begin to tackle something that big...maybe some day though. I love the fabric that you chose! So cute!