Tuesday, May 18, 2010

5-Year Anniversary

5 years ago, on May 10th 2005, Josh and I were sealed in the Boise, ID Temple for time and all eternity! I can't believe it's been 5 years... I'm only 23! But then I look at our house, our big-boy Kyler, and my giant baby-belly, and sometimes think - how did we squeeze all that in? Looking back, Josh and I were both so young and naive when we got married - I think the only thing we really got right at first was just knowing we had to be together! But, I love to see how far we've come and how much we've grown together.

I'm so happy with him, Josh is the best co-parent I could have ever asked for, and has surprised me by becoming such a leader and hardworking, all-around-good-guy. He is my best friend, we are so involved in each other's daily lives and wouldn't have it any other way. I wish there was more time to be just the two of us, I wish there was less work and more play, but when it comes down to it, we really help and support each other so much - and with all the little ups and downs of marriage, I am so glad it's him. There isn't anything we wouldn't do for each other. There's never been any doubt. He's my other half now more than ever!

We were able to go on an overnight camping trip to Ledges State Park just the two of us to celebrate, Josh's parents had Kyler overnight(thanks!) and we really enjoyed our little getaway! Yes, I'm 8 months pregnant, but Josh bought us an air-mattress and I did fine :) The hiking was beautiful, and I even started our fire with a flint!




1 comments:

Grace said...

you two are so cute! so happy for you! :)