Monday, June 21, 2010

Here we go!

First of all... I've made up my mind! I met with my OB again this morning, and I have the induction scheduled for this Thursday, the 24th, at the nicer West hospital. We went through all the different scenarios and options if I skipped getting induced this Thursday, and it pretty much came down to how unhappy I would be if I didn't go into labor on my own, and was stuck with getting induced 4 days past my due date at the Downtown hospital. So... I'll take what I can get, and have this baby in three days(or possibly less haha)!

After spending most of the weekend thinking about & considering delivering this Thursday, I'm comfortable with it and excited now. I get to get as much rest as I can the night before, I can be freshly showered, the house & everything will be ready, and I won't have to go through too many more miserable pregnant days. Plus, I know this may sound strange... but I actually am looking forward to checking into the hospital, getting unpacked and ready, and then having the whole labor there. With going into labor at home, part of me was sad about spending part of my labor trying to get the car loaded and Kyler taken care of and dropped off, and then rushing into the hospital. Now it can be a relaxed, prepared-for thing. But just because I'm saying that, I'll go into labor in the middle of the night tonight haha. At this point, I'm done stressing, I'm just excited to have this baby and will be happy if it happens Thursday or sooner. Here is a picture of this weekend, (I'm 39 weeks)Josh and I went out for my birthday a little early... one last time out together before baby too. It was actually sooooo nice to get out just us two, I didn't realize how great it was to have some relax/have fun/alone time with Josh.

Here are just a couple pics of the past week or so. Kyler has been sleeping in his Thomas train tent that my mom got him for Christmas, seriously sleeping in it all night and at naptime even! What a dork :) It started Friday... and is getting put away sometime today(monday). He's been getting progressively crankier, so I don't think he gets very good sleep in it. Then below we had a fire and roasted s'mores for FHE in the backyard, which is of course fun and yummy.

0 comments: