Sunday, June 13, 2010

LOVE my Boppy Pillow Cover!

Here is a boppy pillow cover that I made, and surprisingly fell in love with how it came out! I promise you I usually hate most of my sewing projects by the time they are done, but have surprised myself lately. This boppy pillow was my best friend when I had Kyler, it sits on your lap and sort of goes around your waist to rest your arms on while you hold baby, like while I nurse, or while little nieces & nephews(and now Kyler) hold the baby. And then baby can lounge in it on the floor, and it can help catch baby when they are learning how to sit upright on their own too.

Anyway, I already have boy pillow covers for it, but didn't have a girl one... so with the left over crib fabric I had, I just made a matching pillow cover for it. I had to teach myself from reading online how to sew in the zipper, but ended up actually doing a really good job! The store-bought covers pucker and wiggle quite a bit where the zipper is, and mine does too, but actually not nearly as much as the store-bought ones! (I think because I used a thin "invisible" zipper?)

Now that I've made this girl one, which was SOOOO easy by the way, I am sort of wanting to make a new boy one that I can pick out ANY fabric for, instead of just the store-bought ones - but I think I'll just do it after I have the baby, if it is a boy.

And here I am at 38 weeks along. Ready to have this baby OUT for sure!


3 comments:

Farmer Family said...

Shalie,
You are such a cute pregnant ladie! I know you are misserable right now, but soon you will have that little sweat baby in you arms and will forget all about how misserable you were, and will probably do this again in a couple of years. Us women are crazy that way!
Hang in there!
Your crib bumpers, and boppy cover are soo cute! What a great seamstess you are becoming!
Love ya!
Trish

Saunders - Adams Family said...

Oh I miss seeing your pregnant belly! you look so cute even if you aren't feeling well. I wish I was there to do something for you. You have done so much for me and I will forever be grateful for that! Love you!

Saunders - Adams Family said...

Oh I miss seeing your pregnant belly! you look so cute even if you aren't feeling well. I wish I was there to do something for you. You have done so much for me and I will forever be grateful for that! Love you!