So... decision still not made. I have another appointment with my Dr. first thing Monday morning now to discuss the "plan." I guess it sort of feels like I had a bomb dropped on me finding out yesterday that in case I don't go into labor on my own, I can't be induced at the nicer hospital anytime after my due date, because of his schedule.
I hate being such a stress machine!
I hate being such a stress machine!
If I do go a whole 4 days late, to July 1st, then that is the only other day he could induce me, and it would be at the Downtown hospital(older hospital/further drive/fewer nurses/more babies). I am pretty positive I would be one disappointed pregnant lady by the time that day rolled around.
Anyway, I'm going to talk to my doc about possibly having my membranes stripped(?) on Thursday the 24th instead of being actually induced, and seeing if that works instead, or any other options. Josh is supportive of whatever, but personally thinks I should go ahead and be induced on the 24th because he thinks this stress and worry on me is unhealthy, and knows how much better I handle things when I have a plan. Being induced with Kyler was actually a really good experience, I just sometimes feel like I cheated, and sort of wanted to get to experience the surprise of not knowing when it's going to happen, and then... it happens! .... but the risk is: what if it doesn't!?!?!?!
Anyway, I'm going to talk to my doc about possibly having my membranes stripped(?) on Thursday the 24th instead of being actually induced, and seeing if that works instead, or any other options. Josh is supportive of whatever, but personally thinks I should go ahead and be induced on the 24th because he thinks this stress and worry on me is unhealthy, and knows how much better I handle things when I have a plan. Being induced with Kyler was actually a really good experience, I just sometimes feel like I cheated, and sort of wanted to get to experience the surprise of not knowing when it's going to happen, and then... it happens! .... but the risk is: what if it doesn't!?!?!?!

Of course it's all in the Lord's hands anyway, and I know that. I keep getting reminded that I may not even make it very much further anyway, which would be a welcome surprise, but I am doubtful and don't want to get my hopes up.
On a side note, I also just got my lab results phone call, and my iron is still low, even though I've been taking iron supplements - and now I have
Gestational Thrombocytopenia.
Which basically just means low plateletes in my blood, which they tested twice, a week apart, just to make sure - and it even dropped a little further in that week. It just means my blood won't clot as well. There isn't anything they can do about it at this point anyway, and it's not supposed to be a big deal, my numbers aren't too dangerous. Both of these things are just not great if I end up having a C-section, or any excessive bleeding - so fingers crossed and prayers said for a safe delivery(whenever/wherever it may be, haha)!
3 comments:
First-deep breath! I think your thinking way to far into this-my opinion (because I know you want it-lol)...get your membranes stripped on Monday then if you don't go into labor, be induced on the 24th. Sounds like you really want to deliver at West and don't want to go over your due date. Honestly, going into labor on your own isn't that fun anyway-haha.
Never having been there myself I think I can honestly say even if you aren't induced at some point you will go into labor. Good luck with getting this all figured out.
Never having been there myself I think I can honestly say even if you aren't induced at some point you will go into labor. Good luck with getting this all figured out.
Post a Comment