Thursday, June 17, 2010

Progress...

I just had a doctor's appointment today, and I'm dialated to a 3 now! I'm so happy! It's nice to know I've been making progress, and it's just less far that I have to go to get to a 10 when I'm actually in labor. With Kyler I was only at a 1 when I was induced, so this is new, and brightens my spirits a lot.

Now.... we have some stuff to figure out. I just found out I can't be induced on a weekend(and I'm due on Sunday the 27th), so if I want to be induced I pretty much can either go next thursday the 24th, or wait until the end of the following week, a few days after my due date. I don't want to have to be induced, but I don't want to go that far past my due date either.... arg! So I don't know, we'll think about it and see. My concern with going much over my due date is mostly just the size of the baby - since Kyler was 9lbs 6oz one week early. My Dr. is all for inducing me next Thursday the 24th, but I don't know. Fingers crossed my sister flies in safely on the 22nd, and I go into labor on my own the next day!

2 comments:

Sami and Mark said...

Good luck Shalie!! I am rooting for you to go on your own. If it makes you feel any better with Audree I went on my own and was "in labor" for 2 days and I was so worn out but this time around I was pretty much induced(I was already having painful contraction often but they weren't consistent). From the time they broke my water to when Arya came out it was only 4 hours. My experience being induced was like a hundred times better then when I went on my own. Good luck with your decision! I am excited to meet your baby and to find out if it's a boy or girl. Can't wait to see pics :)

Jessica said...

I say go for the 24th...will Dr.M just break your water? I was dilated to a 3-4 when they broke my water and G was born very soon after! When we talked about being induced Dr.M said he would just break my water (since I was dilated to 3) and if needed start pitocin if I didn't progress after a few hours-so I say go for it. If he just breaks your water,I'm sure you go quickly. Have you talked to him about the stretch/strip thing? That may work too ;-)