Monday, June 7, 2010

Nursery Bedding DONE!!


I've finally finished sewing the nursery bedding sets - and hallelujah for that! I've been pretty busy these last few months chipping away at my sewing projects here and there, and I'm SO glad to see the important stuff done now. And what's really great - I love how it all turned out!(which is rare, hehe)... and of course I'm excited to see which set we will be using for this baby! The crib skirt and curtains are entirely made out of the gender-nuetral brown polka dot fabric, and then the only thing I had to make two sets of(boy & girl) was the crib bumpers, which in theory are not a challenging project - aside from my custom sizing them and refusing to read directions(hehe, can't help it). I had so much fun shopping for and designing this project, and I learned a few new tricks while sewing it, I feel so good for having done it all!
Applique' airplanes for a boy, this was my first applique' project using the fusible interfacing stuff and zig-zag stitching around the edges technique... which I discovered is NOT something I found fun at all. Then the baby girl bumpers have a satin ribbon stitched on and pink piping at the top. Using the piping was new, and not hard at all :)


All-in-all, very glad I did it :) Now it will be fun once we know the baby's gender to be able to accessorize the room and walls!

3 comments:

Christia said...

It looks SO great! I love it!

Joy said...

Well I hope it is a girl because even though I liked both. I liked the girls bumper more. It will look nice no matter what the baby is.

Grace said...

Holy Cow those are amazing!!! Great Job!